Refreshing Carrot Juice Blends
The benefits of carrots can be increased to multiple times by blending other vegetables and fruits with them. Some of the real interesting quick recipes of such mixes can be enumerated as:
- Carrot Juice with Vegetables
- Carrot Tomato Juice (juice combo being a strong antioxidant and anti-cancer which is rich in vitamin a, potassium, iron, magnesium, vitamin b1, vitamin b6, and many others)
- Carrot Celery Juice (this blend is known to fight the symptoms of arthritis and inflammation of the joints)
- Carrot Potato Juice (an off the beaten path veggie combo drink, it contain lots of calcium, potassium, vitamin c, vitamin a, and many more)
- Carrot Broccoli Juice (rich in iron, potassium, calcium, vitamin c, vitamin a, and much more)
- Carrot, Garlic, and Parsley Juice (beneficial for the flu season, this combo is rich in vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin b, calcium, vitamin c, potassium, and many others)
- Carrot Onion Juice (having excellent nutritional values such as antioxidants and natural anticancer properties)
- Carrot Cabbage Juice (full of nutrients and minerals such as, vitamin a, vitamin k, vitamin c, vitamin b6, calcium, iron, potassium, manganese, folate, and many others)
- Carrot Cauliflower Juice (an excellent source of vitamin c, vitamin a, potassium, folate, riboflavin, zinc, iron, protein, pantothenic acid, calcium, magnesium, and many others)
- Carrot Brussels Sprouts Juice (very rich in vitamin c, vitamin a, calcium, and folic acid)
- Carrot Chile Pepper Juice (a real spicy and "not to be tried by all" combo)
- Carrot Juice with Fruits
- Carrot Banana Juice (a great and highly nutritious mix)
- Carrot Apple Juice (carrying a unique flavor, this surely blooms the day ahead)
- Carrot Peach Juice (another tart drink with a sweat kick)
- Carrot Watermelon Juice
- Carrot Pineapple Juice
- Carrot Pear Juice (another sweet smooth drink)
- Carrot Mango Juice (an excellent tropical blend having a perky taste)
- Carrot Coconut Juice
- Carrot Apricot Juice (complementing flavors of both the carrots and apricots)
- Carrot Kiwi Juice (a vitamin c powerhouse blend)
- Carrot Strawberry Juice (amazingly good source of vitamin c, extremely popular with children)
- Carrot Blackcurrant Juice (addressed as the king of vitamin c beverages, and an excellent antioxidant drink).
An extremely delicious and nutritious vegetable, carrot carries along a rich and interesting history. Originally, the natural carrot species were cultivated in a few types of colors, such as black, red, purple, and yellow. However, with the advent of the 16th century, the Dutch carrot farmers from Holland, decided to create a new bright orange species to match the color of the House of Orange (the ruling noble dynasty of that time).
This experimental production process was accomplished through in-depth studies and experiments to figure out the ways to improve the bitter tasting pale yellow carrot species. The Dutch agricultural scientists figured out a way to cross breed the natural yellow and red carrot species which contained anthocyanin, to get the first light orange colored species. Further hybridizations of this light orange species eventually led to the creation of the bright orange carrot species, which is the most common species grown today.
| Benefits of Carrot Juice
Apart from having a great taste, carrot juice is also a rich source of essential vitamins and minerals. This promises to be a boon in the form of protecting the body from several minor and major ailments. The advantages of having carrot juice can be enlisted as the following:
- Acidosis: The vital organic alkaline elements in carrots help balance the blood acidity and blood sugar.
- Acne: Its powerful cleansing properties are effective in detoxifying the liver, thus overall effective for acne which are caused by toxicity of the blood.
- Anemia: Carrot's molecules are closest to human's hemoglobin molecules, making it very beneficial in blood-building.
- Atherosclerosis: The highly cleansing power of this miracle juice scrubs away even the old build-up of arterial deposits, reducing the risks of heart diseases and stroke.
- Asthma: The anti-oxidants effectively protect the respiratory system from infections and free-radical attacks.
- Cancer: Studies show that adding one carrot per day in our diet significantly reduces cancer risks.
- Cholesterol: Pectin in carrots lowers the serum cholesterol levels.
- Congestion: Carrot juice is very effective in dispelling mucus from the ear, nose and throat area, easing nasal congestion, sinusitis, phlegm and mucus in the throat and other similar disorders.
- Constipation: Take five parts of carrot juice with one part of spinach juice regularly to regulate chronic constipation problems.
- Emphysema: If you smoke or are exposed to second-hand smoke, taking carrot juice regularly may well save your life.
- Eyes: Beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin are some of the finest nourishment ingredients that help keep the optic system in excellent condition, with special protection against astigmatism, macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Fertility: One of the reasons for infertility is lack of nutrients and enzymes in your dietary. Carrot juice taken regularly, is able to nourish your body back to fertility.
- Inflammations: Its anti-inflammatory effect greatly helps reduce arthritis, rheumatism, gout and other inflammations.
- Immune systems: It does wonders for boosting the immune system by increasing the production and performance of white blood cells; building resistant to various kinds of infections.
- Nursing mothers: Carrot juice helps enhance the quality and quantity of a mother's breast milk.
- Pregnancy: Drinking carrot juice regularly during pregnancy, especially during the last few months, will reduce the chances of jaundice in baby.
- Skin problems: The high quality vitamin C and other rich nutrients in carrot juice efficiently nourish the skin, preventing dry skin, psoriasis and other skin blemishes.
- Thread worms: One small cup of carrot juice in the morning taken daily for a week can help clear up thread worms in children.
- Ulcers: The abundance of nutrients present in carrots help nourish cells that have been starved of nutrients which result in ulcers.
- Water retention: Carrot juice is diuretic and helps to eliminate excess fluids from the body, re